Field Assistant / Survey Chainman - Palmerston North
Are you a motivated school leaver or just looking for a career change?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is keen to join a progressive team delivering survey and engineering services from our Palmerston North office.
The Manawatu region has seen a massive growth in the development of land/subdivisions therefore we are searching for another field assistant to join our team.
This is an entry level position assisting our surveyors, there is plenty of potential for the right candidate to grow & develop in this position.
The role will expose you to an assortment of survey & engineering tasks, you will be provided with on-the-job training and be required to work unsupervised as well as part of a team; some tasks include:
- Assisting surveyors with field work
- Road Construction Testing
- Soils Testing
- Site surveying using GPS
- CAD draughting
You will need to have:
- Initiative and a willingness to learn - this role is what you make of it
- An interest in surveying and/or construction
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- A love of the outdoors – 80% of your time will be spent working outside on sites
- Be physically fit and able to undertake heavy lifting
- Computer skills – ability to pick up various drafting programmes.
- Traffic Control or STMS Licence (advantageous)
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required, normal working hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
What we offer:
- A flexible, team based working environment
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, you will work in all environments from sand to snow and get to take in New Zealand’s beautiful landscape
- On job training
- Development opportunities – this is an entry level position with potential for the right individual to progress down a range of career pathways: civil engineering, drafting, surveying
- Fun working environment – pool competitions in the staff room, paid company days off, quizzes, social sports teams, an active social club with events such as annual tenpin bowling competitions and midwinter Christmas events
This is a full-time permanent position
To be eligible for this position you will have a full driver’s licence, be a NZ citizen or hold the relevant required visa and be willing to undergo a drug screen and medical check, if required.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter with your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close on 5th April 2021 at 5pm